Galera replication not syncing events into bin-log?

Robin Anil

Oct 6, 2016, 1:18:12 AM10/6/16
to codership
Hi team, please read through this bug https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-10960

Could someone tell me if this a bug in galera or a mariadb issue?

Lammert Bies

Oct 6, 2016, 2:34:09 AM10/6/16
to codership
Hi Robin,
LTNC :)

Did you try to allow temporary desynchronization of the master used for the mysqldump with the two other masters in the Galera cluster while executing the mysqldump?

You can do this by switching wsrep_desync on and off around the mysqldump. I use the following shell script for that:

#!/bin/sh -f
echo "set global wsrep_desync=ON" | /usr/bin/mysql
/usr/bin/mysqldump ...l
echo "set global wsrep_desync=OFF" | /usr/bin/mysql

Allowing desyncing causes the master on which the mysqldump is executing to temporarily allow a loss of synchronization with the other masters and catch up once the dump is completed without dropping any data in between due to timeouts. I have this working in a 4 master cluster with version 10.1.16. The master used for the mysqldump is not accepting live updates from clients though, so for my setup it is no problem when there is a slight temporary replication lag between that master and the rest of the cluster during the dump. If all of your masters can receive client updates, this may not be a solution.

Lammert