wsrep_sync_wait not working as expected?

Charles Logston

Jul 8, 2016, 2:30:49 PM7/8/16
to codership
My team has provided a test case which shows wsrep_sync_wait = 1 isn't behaving as expected. We initially filed the bug with the MariaDB team but have since observed the same behavior with the community edition of Oracle MySQL. I can't find a known open issue on this with Codership. Where's the correct spot to file this?

Thanks!

For anyone interested, the test case is pretty simple (the code itself can be found in the linked bug report):
  1. Given a 2 node galera cluster, nodeA and nodeB
  2. Increment an integer column on nodeA
  3. Read same column on nodeB with wsrep_sync_wait set to 1, compare to expected value
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until an inconsistency is observed
Note that since this is fundamentally trying to exercise a race-condition it may take a few cycles.