mysqldump and wsrep_sync_wait

Laurent MINOST

Nov 10, 2015, 4:52:46 AM11/10/15
to codership
Hi,

We are using PXDBC v5.6.20-68.0-56-log with wsrep_sync_wait enabled to 1 on our three nodes.

Problem is that we now have some problems with our backup mechanism during the night that are stalling due to wsrep_sync_wait enabled to 1, so to avoid this we would like to have wsrep_sync_wait set to 0 when mysqdump occurs but it seems mysqldump is not supporting this parameter :

$ mysqldump --wsrep-sync-wait=0
mysqldump: unknown variable 'wsrep-sync-wait=0'

$ mysqldump --wsrep-sync-wait
mysqldump: unknown option '--wsrep-sync-wait'

Is there any way to have wsrep_sync_wait disabled during our mysqldumps please ?

Regards,

Laurent

Philip Stoev

Nov 10, 2015, 5:17:43 AM11/10/15
to Laurent MINOST, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Unfortunately at this time there is no way to set a specific wsrep_sync_wait
value for mysqldump, though it should be possible to port the --init-command
option from mysql to mysqldump.

Philip Stoev

Laurent MINOST

Nov 10, 2015, 7:15:09 AM11/10/15
to codership, lol...@gmail.com
Hi Philip,

Thanks for this answer.

Do you think this could be a new feature request or bug entry ?
If so on which launchpad should it be added please, codership or percona's one ?

Regards,

Laurent