Newbie question about wsrep_sst_auth

bpate...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2017, 12:17:30 PM9/10/17
to codership

Good Morning,
I am new to Galera Cluster user group and a newbie to its usage.
I am setting up a cluster environment. I have couple of basic questions and hoping that others
in the group can comment/answer.
I could not find right info/answer for them. I apologize if they are
documented somwhere. Thanks in advance for the comments/replies.

1. I am setting up a cluster using encrypted communication for replication (using SSL).
   (wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2 and tca/tkey/tcert are set along with encrypt=3)
   In this set up, does wsrep_sst_auth needs to be set or rather wsres_sst_auth setting is used?
   I mean, will there be any issues in SST/IST/replication etc if it is not set.

2. wsrep_sst_auth setting needs  username and password. This user haslimited privileges.
   Still, is there way I can encrypt the password in wsrep_sst_auth setting?

Again, sorry if these are documented some where and I am not finding them. In that, if some one can please point to
the master doc I can refer to, I will apprecite it very much.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bijju Patel.

Ramesh

Sep 12, 2017, 9:20:15 AM9/12/17
to codership
I believe the auth setup is, when you are about to use sst_method as xtraback.
You should have the username & password for the xtrabackup.

For rsync, there is nothing related to auth setup.