Which node is my preferred sst donor?

Brand Stringer

Oct 31, 2017, 12:33:12 PM10/31/17
to codership
I have configured all nodes in my cluster with the following:

wsrep_sst_donor = "node01,"

and restarted mysqld/galera. However, I am unable to verify if this has actually been picked up by the cluster.  I've tried the following:

mysql -e "SHOW GLOBAL STATUS LIKE 'wsrep%';"

and

mysql -e "SHOW GLOBAL STATUS LIKE 'wsrep_sst_donor';"

to look for the preferred donor, but there is nothing returned. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to verify whether or not a preferred sst donor has been configured properly?

Thanks in advance.

FISH

Nov 1, 2017, 5:14:39 AM11/1/17
to codership
Did you find anything in logs.  May be log files give more clarity while start.

Brand Stringer

Nov 1, 2017, 1:41:13 PM11/1/17
to codership
FYI, here is the sql statement to find your preferred donor:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'wsrep_sst_donor';