MySQL-wsrep 5.6.21 and Galera 3.9 available for download now

Alexey Yurchenko

Feb 5, 2015, 2:37:19 PM2/5/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
It finally happened.

Codership is pleased to announce that its automated build system finally bore fruit and yielded the latest and best MySQL-wsrep 5.6.21 and Galera 3.9 binaries for several major Linux distributions available both through direct downloads and through apt, yum and zypper repositories (http://galeracluster.com/documentation-webpages/installmysql.html#enabling-the-codership-repository).

These are the first binary releases since MySQL-wsrep 5.6.16 and Galera 3.5, so there are a lot of bugfixes and improvements and even a couple of new features. But it will be too long to read so just go and download the software at http://galeracluster.com/downloads/

For the curiously literate, release notes: http://releases.galeracluster.com/release-notes.txt

Thanks, and happy clustering!

Ragnar Rova

Feb 6, 2015, 11:04:24 AM2/6/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com

alexey.y...@galeracluster.com

Feb 7, 2015, 2:26:58 PM2/7/15
to Ragnar Rova, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, fixed.

Michael Andrews

Feb 9, 2015, 12:09:45 PM2/9/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
With this version will nodes separated from the cluster and marked as down be able to continue serving reads?  In our testing a year ago nodes that were partitioned from the cluster stopped functioning completely and would not serve reads which is a very important part of our environment in the event of data centers being isolated and needing to continue serving those reads to the isolated DC.