dependency on execifno.h

Sylvain Raybaud

Sep 22, 2015, 10:11:57 AM9/22/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to port mariadb and galera into buildroot. It seems that
galera requires exec info. More precisely galerautils/src/gu_backtrace.c
includes <execinfo.h>. Unfortunately execinfo is not installed by
default when the toolchain used in buildroot is uclibc. Enabling
backtrace capability for uclibc does not seem to be a trivial change in
buildroot. Glibc seems to provide execinfo but I'd like to avoid
depending on a specific toolchain. Is there a way to disable the build
of gu_backtrace? I looked into SConstruct and SConscript files and could
find an obvious way, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Sylvain Raybaud

Teemu Ollakka

Sep 22, 2015, 11:33:05 AM9/22/15
to codership

Hi,

It looks that there is no ready way to disable gu_backtrace, but fortunately it is not used widely in galera library. Maybe the easiest way around this would be surrounding everything in gu_backtrace.h, gu_backtrace.c with HAVE_EXECINFO_H, trying to compile and surrounding code which does not compile also with HAVE_EXECINFO_H. The places should be very few.

Finally check for header in SConstruct file, there should be few examples.

I hope this helps.

- Teemu

Sylvain Raybaud

Sep 22, 2015, 3:09:13 PM9/22/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi

So there is a reasonnable chance it won't break galera? If so, I'm not
sure what's the best way to go, that, or dependency on glibc. But that's
a matter of buildroot policy.

Cheers,

Sylvain

Teemu Ollakka

Sep 23, 2015, 12:28:23 AM9/23/15
to codership

Hi,

Disabling backtrace functionality does not break galera, it is used only in exceptional circumstances.

Let me know if it works out.

- Teemu

Sylvain Raybaud

Sep 23, 2015, 5:09:52 AM9/23/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I cannot test on the real targets before tomorrow, but I confirm the
busybox branch builds fine with uclibc-ng. Thanks a lot! Do you plan to
merge this branch into master?

Cheers,

Sylvain
> > an email to codership-tea...@googlegroups.com