WAN Clusters, nodes behind reverse proxy

hor...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2018, 10:55:24 AM2/7/18
to codership
Hi,

I'm planning to create a Galera Cluster by connecting 2 data centers together.
I already have a Galera Cluster in US running (4 nodes (3 nodes + 1 donor)) and another one in Europe (4 nodes (3 nodes + 1 donor)).
The idea is to connect these 2 Galera cluster to create one.
To clarify the situation, each nodes in each center are behind a reverse proxy, so each nodes communicate through a private IP (192.168.0.x). These small Galera cluster
work like a charm.
So, my question is, how to make these 2 centers communicate together? I've watched the following video (http://galeracluster.com/videos/using-galera-replication-to-create-geo-distributed-clusters-on-the-wan-webinar-video-3/) and I do not know which option should I use to let the nodes from separate data center to communicate?
1) Should I use wsrep_node_address & wsrep_cluster_address (which is what I've already set for each data center galera cluster with private IPs (192.168.0.x)
2) ist.recv_bind

In case 2) should I set the public IP of the reverse proxy and opening according port from the firewall?

I'm bit lost, so if someone could light my lantern.

Thanks in advance.

Regards