Starting Galera Cluster

Bruno Rodrigues

Aug 4, 2016, 1:13:11 PM8/4/16
to codership
Hello,

If I drop all the cluster when I turn it on again, the first node starts without trouble, but the second, third, etc, they take almost 15 minutes to be ready. Looking for the reasons I found that the process "rsync" was running, and after this process ends, the node gets up normally. Why this processes take so much time to finish either if there isn't any sync to do??

Thanks in advance.

Philip Stoev

Aug 4, 2016, 1:19:18 PM8/4/16
to Bruno Rodrigues, codership
Hello,

Did you kill the nodes from the cluster or you shut them down cleanly?

hunter86bg

Aug 7, 2016, 8:44:48 AM8/7/16
to codership, brunoricar...@gmail.com
What is the contents of the grastate.dat file in the data directory. If you killed them , it's possible this file to be corrupted and a SST to be forced (as data in grastate.dat file doesn't match cluster's UUID and seq no). Have you set any log in the "my.cnf"? If so , check for any output.Also if an SST is being performed, all data in the datadir will be wiped and a ".sst" folder will be present.

Also consider using SST method "xtrabackup -v2".