Help for Mariadb + Galera install

Philippe Gellet

Jun 10, 2015, 4:04:21 PM6/10/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I've tried to install mariadb + Galera Cluster on tree debain server
I've tried on debian Wheezy and Jessie with mariadb 5.5 and 10.0
I've read a lot of tutorials on this. I have alway the same problem :
I start th first node with mysql  start --wsrep-new-cluster  there is no problem
Then i start the second node with mysql start and have error messages but the node is seen by the first node :
If I try SELECT VARIABLE_VALUE as "cluster size" FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.GLOBAL_STATUS WHERE VARIABLE_NAME="wsrep_cluster_size" on the first node , the number become 2
BUT I can't connect to mysql on the second node. Il I try I have an error :

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)

And no process is lisening on prt 3306 on the second node

If somebody can help me it would be greatly appreciated

alexey.y...@galeracluster.com

Jun 11, 2015, 11:41:23 AM6/11/15
to Philippe Gellet, codersh...@googlegroups.com
For definitive diagnostics you should always look into the error log. It
may take some time before the second node syncs with the first and
becomes available.