What is the trusted source for official stable releases?

Petros Moisiadis

Nov 17, 2014, 8:26:50 AM11/17/14
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
As stated in the launchpad repository of Galera, development has been moved to github (https://github.com/codership/galera), and there (on github) one can see that there are 'release' tags. For example, at the time of writing this post, there were three tags: 'release_25.3.7', 'release_25.3.6' and 'release_25.2.11'.  On the other hand, in the downloads section of the official site (http://galeracluster.com/downloads/), the releases available for download are '25.2.9' and '25.3.5'.
So, I am wondering whether releases tagged in github can be considered stable (in which case, the site needs to be updated) or is the site always the trusted source for official stable releases?

alexey.y...@galeracluster.com

Nov 17, 2014, 1:23:51 PM11/17/14
to Petros Moisiadis, codersh...@googlegroups.com
well, it is a question of what can be considered a release. Does tagged
git repo count as one? ATM we are in the process of automating release
process. Tarballs and RPMs will be available elsewhere.

Petros Moisiadis

Nov 17, 2014, 2:02:55 PM11/17/14
to codersh...@googlegroups.com, erne...@yahoo.gr
Could automating the release process mean that tarballs/RPMs are going to be built for each 'release_x.y.z' tag that apears in the repo, and automatically served from/linked to the galeracluster.com site?

alexey.y...@galeracluster.com

Nov 17, 2014, 3:01:06 PM11/17/14
On 2014-11-17 21:02, 'Petros Moisiadis' via codership wrote:
> Could automating the release process mean that tarballs/RPMs are going
> be built for each 'release_x.y.z' tag that apears in the repo, and
> automatically served from/linked to the galeracluster.com site?

Something along these lines.

rma...@pivotal.io

Feb 3, 2015, 1:53:05 PM2/3/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com, erne...@yahoo.gr, cf-core-services-eng
Hello,

Was searching for the latest stable release and found this thread. Are the tarballs on the codership/galera github repo considered stable releases? We are hoping to use 25.3.9 as an upgrade from 25.3.5, but want to confirm it is just as stable.

Thanks,

Raina and Lyle
Cloud Foundry Services Team

Teemu Ollakka

Feb 3, 2015, 4:57:33 PM2/3/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com, erne...@yahoo.gr, cf-core-se...@pivotal.io

Official stable Galera releases will be distributed via galeracluster.com site. 25.3.9 will be out soon.

- Teemu