gcache and recv-queue

Yos Tj

Nov 24, 2015, 4:24:38 AM11/24/15
to codership
Hi,

Would you please tell me in detail about the difference between
gcache and recv-queue, so that I can understand these parameters?

gcache.size (128MB as default)
gcs.fc_limit (16)
gcs.recv_q_hard_limit (LLONG_MAX)
gcs.recv_q_soft_limit (0.25)

Regards,

Philip Stoev

Nov 24, 2015, 6:45:07 AM11/24/15
to Yos Tj, codership
Hello,

gcache.size constrains the total size of replication events that a node
keeps on disk in case it needs to provide those events to other nodes that
have temporarily dropped from the cluster, the so called IST, Incremental
State Transfer.

gcs.recv_q_hard_limit constrains the total size of incoming replication
events a node will keep while it is undergoing a full database transfer, the
so called SST , State Snapshot Transfer. While a node is fetching the entire
database from another node, new transactions will keep arriving and the node
needs to store them until the SST is complete.

gcs.fc_limit defines the number of transactions a node is allowed to fall
behind before the flow control mechanism kicks in and the entire cluster is
throttled until the node can catch up.

James Wang

Nov 24, 2015, 7:41:19 AM11/24/15
to codership, mysql2...@gmail.com
Any tool to read the galera.cache file please?

Thanks in advance

Yos Tj

Nov 24, 2015, 8:54:58 PM11/24/15
to codership, mysql2...@gmail.com
Hello Philip,

Now I understand they are quite different.

gcache preserves outgoing transactions,
in case other nodes need IST.

recv-queue preserves incoming transactions,
so that this node can apply them after finishing SST.

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,