Install galera cluster without remove mariadb-server-10.0

Bhuvanesh R

Apr 9, 2017, 3:29:52 PM4/9/17
to codership
I have a mariadb server 10.0 on an Ubuntu server 14.04. I want to install galera cluster on this server, but while installing galera its asking to uninstall mariadb-server and install  mariadb-galera-server  instead.
Is there anyway to install galera cluster without remove mariadb-server or anyway to migrate it to galera-server?

Christopher Bowen

Apr 21, 2017, 3:35:21 PM4/21/17
to codership

Why do you not want to remove the server? It should keep the dbs, but remove just the old binaries. Alternatively if you go to 10.1 galera is built into mariadb.