wsrep_sst_receive_address is ingnores for IST, but there is no wsrep_ist_receive_address

Benedikt

Jul 7, 2015, 10:25:07 AM7/7/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
One of our servers is behind a NAT firewall.  SST just works fine.
But if the servers tries to make a IST then the IST fails because the other server tries to contact him on the wsrep_node_address and not on the wsrep_sst_receive_address or  wsrep_node_incoming_address.
Is there a way to tell galera to use the wsrep_sst_receive_address or  wsrep_node_incoming_address for the IST?

best regards
Benedikt

Philip Stoev

Jul 7, 2015, 10:50:12 AM7/7/15
to Benedikt, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you provide all wsrep-related settings from your my.cnf file, especially
wsrep_provider_options, if you have it?

Philip Stoev

alexey.y...@galeracluster.com

Jul 7, 2015, 10:53:36 AM7/7/15
to Benedikt, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Have you tired setting wsrep_node_address to the external IP?
Message has been deleted

Benedikt

Jul 7, 2015, 11:21:07 AM7/7/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
I tried. But then it says something like "unable to bind server to address..." at mysql start.
Which is correct because we couldn't bind a server to an ip address the computer didn't has.

Benedikt

Jul 7, 2015, 11:23:23 AM7/7/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com, schind...@gmail.com
Hello Philip,

I don't have wsrep_provider_options set.
My wsrep configuration behind  the nat is:

wsrep_provider = /usr/lib64/galera-3/libgalera_
smm.so
wsrep_cluster_name = "[...] - Net-Galera"
wsrep_node_name = "mysql0"
wsrep_node_address = 192.168.7.203
wsrep_sst_receive_address = 91.106.X.1
wsrep_node_incoming_address = 91.106.X.1
wsrep_cluster_address = "gcomm://91.106.X.2"
wsrep_sst_method = rsync
wsrep_sst_auth = sst:sstMEsecret

greatings
Benedikt

alexey.y...@galeracluster.com

Jul 7, 2015, 11:27:55 AM7/7/15
On 2015-07-07 18:21, Benedikt wrote:
> I tried. But then it says something like "unable to bind server to
> address..." at mysql start.
> Which is correct because we couldn't bind a server to an ip address the
> computer didn't has.

Hm, it should not be binding unless explicitly instructed to do so.
Which Galera version are you using?

Benedikt

Jul 7, 2015, 12:31:25 PM7/7/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
On all 3 servers i use
Galera-3:           25.3.10-2.suse13.2
 mysql-wsrep:   5.6.23-25.10.suse13.2

Benedikt

Jul 7, 2015, 12:52:30 PM7/7/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
I just  found a workaround in the web.

I used a fqdn as wsrep_node_address.
And put it in /etc/hosts  with the local ip address.
So the local  server gets the local ip and all other galera servers get the external ip address.