one node of cluster hang when I execute alter table

pengt...@ptmind.com

Sep 20, 2017, 7:26:58 AM9/20/17
to codership
Hi guys,I have 5 nodes in the galera cluster , the version is 10.2.6 ,I have two problems .

1.Sometimes,I execute alter table to add a column on one node ,the node may be hang,and I cant login in it,but other nodes my be ok,I dont know why I?
2.I make a test,but deadlock occured,I operate on the same node,two sessions,you can see the picture

I hope you can give me some ideas,I'm so sad,thx

Dean Owen

Sep 21, 2017, 6:08:54 AM9/21/17
to codership
My situation was not exactly the same, as my alter command hung the entire cluster, but it's definitely worth mentioning pt-online-schema-change: https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/2.1/pt-online-schema-change.html

More information:

https://www.gmarik.info/blog/2012/large-mysql-migrations/

This was a "gotcha" I missed in my initial assessment of galera, but this script is a real god send.

pengt...@ptmind.com

Sep 21, 2017, 6:51:35 AM9/21/17
to codership

Ok,Iwill try it,thx