MySQL galera cluster, node mysql service restart

Network/Systems Administrator

Mar 2, 2017, 1:11:39 PM3/2/17
to codership
Hello,

When restarting mysql on one of three mysql galera nodes the other two seem to lock. Is this expected behavior, currently we have r/w going to all three nodes load balanced equally; 1-to-1-to-1. I've seen the following configuration tip: http://galeracluster.com/documentation-webpages/configurationtips.html, latency between nodes shouldn't be an issue, i'm seeing min/avg/max = 0.535/0.578/0.661 ms between nodes. Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated.

-C