#GivingTuesday Support CoderDojoDC for 2018

1 view

Frank Hunleth

Nov 28, 2017, 9:05:28 AM11/28/17
to CoderDojoDC

Dear Friend of CoderDojoDC,

For more than four years now, our CoderDojo has been meeting regularly, helping kids learn and teach each other new skills in computer programming. In that time we have accomplished so much, and seen the kids who come to our bi-monthly meetups express their creativity and ingenuity in countless show-and-tell demonstrations of Scratch projects, Twine games, Raspberry Pi programs and so much more. Our doors are open to any child who wants to enter and we’ve helped provide laptops, Raspberry Pi’s and other technology to kids who otherwise wouldn’t have had access to them.

We do this as volunteers and charge nothing for participation. But now we need your help.

Like any organization we have expenses like insurance, maintaining our Meetup website and technology that ages or breaks and needs replacing. So we’re asking you today to make a contribution and help us pay the bills.

Donations of any size help, so if you’ve come to a meeting, served as a mentor or experienced the community we’ve created and the difference we’re making in the lives of kids, we hope you’ll give something. If you have given already, thank you very much! We are getting really close to covering the minimum we need to operate.

Make a tax-deductible donation online to Make A Difference Engine (our fiscal sponsor) and you will help us continue to meet our mission of creating a consistent and nurturing space for kids to hack, learn, teach and explore.

Thank you so much,

The CoderDojoDC Organizing Committee

Josh Ford

Melissa Ford

Christy Hunleth

Frank Hunleth

Layla Sian

Josh Westgard

PS -  If you haven’t joined us in a while our next meeting is Sunday, December 3 at the Rockville Memorial Library from 2:45 to 4:45 pm. Sign up on our Meetup page.