Twine: version 1 or version 2?

Gwen Hickling

Feb 9, 2015, 10:41:36 AM2/9/15
to coder...@googlegroups.com
I've been experimenting with Twine, including a bit of CSS and JavaScript. I've been using the latest Twine 2 version and I'm definitely running into differences between the Twine 1 and Twine 2 syntax. Many of the examples in the wiki are 1.x. Are most of our users on 1.x or 2.x?

Melissa Ford

Feb 9, 2015, 10:44:54 AM2/9/15
to Gwen Hickling, coderdojodc
All our kids are using 1.4.2.  2.0 is nice, but it isn't very stable yet, and it's still pretty bare bones at the moment.  When it has all the same features, I'll switch people over.  But right now, I'm only teaching the kids 1.4.2.

--
@CoderDojoDC
http://coderdojodc.com

Gwen Hickling

Feb 9, 2015, 6:03:46 PM2/9/15
to Melissa Ford, coderdojodc
Thanks, Melissa, I agree that it's a bit soon to switch to 2.0.  I'll check out Twine 1.4.2.