Fwd: WiSci Girls STEM Summer Camp in Rwanda

Frank Hunleth

Jan 16, 2015, 5:37:12 PM1/16/15
to CoderDojoDC
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: CoderDojo NOVA <coderd...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 5:20 PM
Subject: WiSci Girls STEM Summer Camp in Rwanda
To: coderdojo...@googlegroups.com, coderdojon...@googlegroups.com

CoderDojo NOVA Parents - Below is information about a partnership I helped put together at my work (U.S. Department of State):  Three weeks Girls Summer STEM camp in Rwanda for high school (sophomore and junior) students.  I know the age group of our Dojo is in the younger side but wanted to make sure you had the information if you know of any families who might be interested to take advantage of this unique opportunity.  Travel cost will be covered by GirlUp (a program of The UN Foundation).  If you have any questions please check out the links below and to learn more about the program please read my blog about the program: https://blogs.state.gov/stories/2014/12/11/wisci-bridging-stem-gender-gap-through-public-private-partnership.  Good Luck! Thomas

Thank you for your interest in the WiSci: Girls STEAM Camp<http://www.state.gov/s/partnerships/ppp/wisci/>. All those who wish to apply for this three-week STEAM education camp in Rwanda (and meet the requirements as listed in the FAQs<http://clubs.girlup.org/STEAM-camp-FAQs>) can access the application through our partner Girl Up<http://www.girlup.org/>, the United Nations Foundation’s adolescent girl campaign, in their online Girl Up Community. The Girl Up Community is a hub for Girl Up Club, Campus and Community Leaders to explore resources and connect with one another to empower adolescent girls around the world.

To apply for the WiSci: Girls STEAM Camp, join Girl Up today in three easy steps:

1)      Register as either an individual Girl Up Community Leader<http://clubs.girlup.org/registration/community-leader> OR register as a Girl Up Club Leader<http://clubs.girlup.org/registration/club-leader> if you plan to start a Girl Up Club at your school.

2)      Once you register, you may access the WiSci: Girls STEAM Camp application<http://clubs.girlup.org/forms/category/26> which includes four parts: applicant information, parent/guardian information, essays/experience and a recommendation. All applications are due on February 10, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.

3)      After you’ve submitted the application, discover all the Girl Up Community has to offer. Download the Club Starter Guide [hyperlink] to learn more about Girl Up Clubs or other toolkits to further your involvement with Girl Up.

If you have any questions about Girl Up or the registration process for accessing the Girl Up Community, please email comm...@girlup.org<mailto:comm...@girlup.org>.