Summer Camps

Trisha Camobreco

Feb 19, 2015, 1:39:56 PM2/19/15
to coder...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I was wondering if anyone in CoderDojo had any suggestions for summer camps for ages 12+ kids?  Would love to find a weekly programming, gaming or engineering type camp in Mont. County.   Thanks in advance.

Trisha

Joshua Allan Westgard

Feb 19, 2015, 4:16:37 PM2/19/15
to coderdojodc
The YMCA offers Lego Robotics. I suspect it might not be advanced enough for a 12 year old (and 12 is the cut off age), but it depends on what he/she is looking for.

http://www.ymcadc.org/schedule.cfm?class=9A96D444-3048-5F17-2EE6E0D696EF7906

Josh

On Feb 19, 2015, at 13:39, Trisha Camobreco <tcamo...@msn.com> wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if anyone in CoderDojo had any suggestions for summer camps for ages 12+ kids? Would love to find a weekly programming, gaming or engineering type camp in Mont. County. Thanks in advance.
>
> Trisha
>
> --
> @CoderDojoDC
> http://coderdojodc.com
> ---

Catherine D.

Feb 20, 2015, 1:16:11 PM2/20/15
to Joshua Allan Westgard, coderdojodc
This is a new camp this year:

Keren Herran

Mar 2, 2015, 9:11:07 AM3/2/15
to coder...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 1:39:56 PM UTC-5, Trisha Camobreco wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone in CoderDojo had any suggestions for summer camps for ages 12+ kids?  Would love to find a weekly programming, gaming or engineering type camp in Mont. County.   Thanks in advance.
>

> Trisha

There is this new camp starting at Downtown Silver Spring. This summer will be it's first of holding engineering camps....

http://www.catylator.com/summer-camps/

Joshua Allan Westgard

Mar 2, 2015, 5:20:26 PM3/2/15
to coderdojodc
Very cool. Thanks for posting this, Keren!

Josh