Consider TEALS - Classroom CS Teaching for Tech Professionals

Shalev NessAiver

Apr 15, 2015, 4:01:12 PM4/15/15
to coder...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm mostly a lurker on this list, but I'd like to let you all know about a great teaching opportunity for busy techies that want to give back to the community: TEALS
From their site:

"TEALS (Technology Education And Literacy in Schools) is a grassroots program that recruits, trains, mentors, and places high tech professionals from across the country who are passionate about computer science education into high school classes as volunteer teachers in a team teaching model where the school district is unable to meet their students’ computer science (CS) needs on its own.

I have been teaching with TEALS for the past year at Friendship Collegiate Academy in east DC and have found it to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.
The program is designed to integrate with a busy work day – classes are very early in the day and are split between multiple professionals.

If anyone would like to know more, or has any specific questions, please feel free to email me directly and/or check out at teals12k.org .

Thanks for listening,
Shalev