Escape Velocity this labor day weekend

Micah Markman

Jul 31, 2017, 11:30:19 PM7/31/17
to CoderDojoDC

Eli and I will likely be going for one of the days; they have a STEAM-POWER kids activity room running from 11-5 Friday/Sat and 10-3 on Sunday I think. There's also Boolean Girl workshops on Friday.

The email I got from NIH:

This Labor Day Weekend, do something really fun in Washington, DC!

Check out Escape Velocity – a major event by the Museum of Science Fiction and NASA

Come celebrate the genre with unique panel topics from hard science to pop culture; over-the-horizon technology; hands-on STEAM activities for kids; and amazing cosplay!

Enjoy this year's film festival featuring “Metropolis” and evening events including “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” merch vendors, astronauts, authors, and so much more!

September 1-3, 2017

For a 20% discount on tickets, use promo code: NIH20

and kids are free!

https://escapevelocity.events/registration-tickets

Both the Museum of Science Fiction and Escape Velocity are nonprofit 501c3 educational organizations.

Kevin Cole

Aug 1, 2017, 10:03:08 AM8/1/17
to Micah Markman, CoderDojoDC
On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Micah Markman <micah....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eli and I will likely be going for one of the days; they have a STEAM-POWER
> kids activity room running from 11-5 Friday/Sat and 10-3 on Sunday I think.
> There's also Boolean Girl workshops on Friday.

Dystopian present: There's a subterranean tunnel that exits mere feet
from the entrance to the hotel hosting the conference (Woodley Park /
National Zoo / Adams Morgan). Legend has it that once upon a time,
people were able to use these tunnels to efficiently travel from place
to place. Alas, those days are long gone, and now eerie moans,
screams and curses from stranded travelers forever expecting delays
and regretting the inconvenience waft up from these pits.

Fortunately, I will be attending by bicycle. ;-) However, should you
dare the horrors, take the escalator up, and upon exiting, turn right
and walk up the long driveway to to the hotel's entrance.