January 4th meeting reminder

Frank Hunleth

Jan 3, 2015, 1:23:35 PM1/3/15
to coder...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year!

Just as a reminder, we're meeting at Hillcrest Labs in Rockville tomorrow. See http://www.meetup.com/CoderDojoDC/events/216080802/ for details. Christy or someone else should be at the North Entrance to open the door. If they're waxing the lobby floors again, we'll use the South Entrance.

For those of you who brought your robot bases home to decorate, please bring them back. Also bring 4 AA batteries and a phillips head screwdriver. I'll have extra parts if something broke over the holidays. If you have a laptop, definitely bring it for this. The Codestarter laptops work great. Lastly, if you have an Arduino Uno or Leonardo, please bring it since I don't have enough Arduinos for everyone.

If you were not at the Dec. 21st meeting when we started the robot project, we'll do another build in the future. I'm sure that there will be plenty of people who won't mind having some help with the electronics and programming. In fact, you probably can install the software on your computer and take turns controlling their robot if you ask. As always, we'll have plenty of Scratch and Interactive Fiction people around for those looking for something else.

See you tomorrow!

Frank