App Inventor, planning and robots

Frank Hunleth

Jan 18, 2015, 7:20:12 PM1/18/15
to coder...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We just had our first meeting at the new Thingstitute space in downtown Rockville. Despite a few fixable WiFi issues, it's looking like a great space to meet in the future. I'm personally very excited about the mini-makerspace being put together. Also, meeting in a historic courtroom is just really cool.

I hope that everyone got a good start with App Inventor. Glen Ireland sent me the math application that he showed in the beginning. I've posted it on our GitHub site and you can download it at https://github.com/CoderDojoDC/ai2/blob/master/MathPractice.aia.

Our next planning meeting is this Thursday at 9pm. See http://www.meetup.com/CoderDojoDC/events/219595602/ for details. We have several nontechnical items where we could use help, so if you and your children are enjoying CoderDojo, please consider calling in and helping out. If Thursday at 9pm is inconvenient, feel free to email me.

Last, our next meeting is February 1st. The Nao robot will be there, and we're encouraging everyone with robots to bring them to the meeting too. I don't have all details on meetup.com yet, but you can still RSVP. See http://www.meetup.com/CoderDojoDC/events/216080882/

Thanks,
Frank