Fwd: Please help us spread the word about our FREE summer program!

Joshua Westgard

Feb 25, 2016, 1:48:34 PM2/25/16
to coder...@googlegroups.com
More info about the Girls Who Code program.  The program is open to 10th- and 11th-grade girls, and please note there are also *scholarships* available to help cover transportation and lodging costs.  Please help spread the word about this great opportunity.

Best,
Josh

Girls Who Code
Feb 25, 2016

We need your help educating the next generation of women in tech!
Dear Joshua,

You may know that Girls Who Code offers a FREE program to current 10th & 11th grade girls at companies like Facebook, Twitter, AT&T and Pixar. But did you know that we’re also giving away $1 million in scholarships? Share this opportunity with students in your network who may benefit from this once in a lifetime experience!

The application deadline is March 1, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.

There’s less than one week left to apply, so we've included sample language below to make sharing with your network easy.

Thank you,
Girls Who Code

Twitter:
Build the world of your dreams by learning to code! Apply to the @GirlsWhoCode#SummerImmersionProgram now! girlswhocode.com/apply

Facebook:
Are you a 10th or 11th grade girl looking to stand out in college applications? Why not learn to code and have the opportunity to build the world of your dreams! Applications are due March 1, 2016 at 11:59pm PST. Apply now at girlswhocode.com/apply

Email:
Dear (Name),

In middle school, 74% of girls express interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), but when choosing a college major, just 0.4% of high school girls select computer science. The greatest career opportunities in the future will be in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) so it’s important that we begin encouraging young women to pursue these fields.

Current 10th & 11th grade girls are encouraged to apply to the Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program so they can code the world of their dreams!

The program is FREE with $1million in scholarships available for transportation and living expenses. On top of that, programs are hosted at companies like AT&T, Facebook, Pixar, Sephora & Twitter! The link to apply is here: girlswhocode.com/apply!

Girls Who Code
Summer Immersion Program
2016 Cities

Atlanta, GA  Austin, TX  Boston, MA  Chicago, IL  Emeryville, CA  Los Angeles, CA Miami, FL  Mountain View, CA  New York, NY  Newark, NJ  Palo Alto, CA  Redwood City, CA  San Francisco, CA  San Jose, CA  San Ramon, CA  Santa Clara, CA • Seattle, WA Washington, DC

Also, please be sure to indicate the name of our community organization on your Girls Who Code application when you submit!

Thank you,
(Name)

Have Questions?
Check out our FAQs on our website. We’re here to answer them at ap...@girlswhocode.com!

Best,
Girls Who Code

You are currently subscribed to receive our newsletters. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.
Contact Us