new web pages about codeq, for review

122 ΠΏΡ€Π΅Π³Π»Π΅Π΄Π°
ΠŸΡ€Π΅Ρ’ΠΈ Π½Π° ΠΏΡ€Π²Ρƒ Π½Π΅ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡ‡ΠΈΡ‚Π°Π½Ρƒ ΠΏΠΎΡ€ΡƒΠΊΡƒ

Rich Morin

Π½Π΅ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡ‡ΠΈΡ‚Π°Π½ΠΎ,
2. 12. 2012. 18:25:592.12.12.
– co...@googlegroups.com
I've created some web pages of information and speculation on codeq:
I'd appreciate it if folks would look them over and let me know about errors, omissions, etc. General suggestions are also welcome!

In particular, I'd like some help in understanding and documenting codeq's schema.

-r

Timothy Baldridge

Π½Π΅ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡ‡ΠΈΡ‚Π°Π½ΠΎ,
10. 12. 2012. 09:41:2810.12.12.
– co...@googlegroups.com
I spent some time looking over the documents and they look pretty accurate. I couldn't see any glaring mistakes in the documents.Β

As a disclaimer I should state that I'm one of those people who learns mostly by example and getting my hands dirty. But I'd suggest perhaps starting a wiki page of example queries. When I first started looking at codeq I found the schema a bit confusing and bizarre, but the more I wrote queries, the more it made sense.Β

What I did in my study of Codeq was to give myself arbitrary goals. For instance, "how many protocols are defined in Clojure"? "When was clojure.core/range first defined?". Sometimes it took me up to an hour to figure out how to write the query, but after a day, I felt completely at home with the schema.Β

Something else I found helpful was a query that given a Datomic Attribute would list all the possible values. For instance, it's a bit hard to understand from the schema diagram what exactly is in :clj/defop. This query helps:

(d/q '[:find ?n
Β  Β  Β  Β  :whereΒ
Β  Β  Β  Β  [_ :clj/defop ?n]]
Β  Β  Β  Β (d/db conn))

After running that ^^ I discovered that I could query codeq to get a name of interfaces, or protocols, or types, etc.Β

Anyway, that's all I have. Good work so far!

Timothy Baldridge

Rich Morin

Π½Π΅ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡ‡ΠΈΡ‚Π°Π½ΠΎ,
19. 12. 2012. 17:49:2319.12.12.
– co...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, December 10, 2012 6:41:28 AM UTC-8, Timothy Baldridge wrote:

... I'd suggest perhaps starting a wiki page of example queries.

Β I'd be delighted to have some example queries in the wiki; they could be a useful start on a Codeq query cookbook. Β Could you pick some that you think are interesting and write up their purpose, approach, idioms, etc? In an iteration or two, we can probably settle on a presentation format...

-r
ΠžΠ΄Π³ΠΎΠ²ΠΎΡ€ΠΈ свима
ΠžΠ΄Π³ΠΎΠ²ΠΎΡ€ΠΈ Π°ΡƒΡ‚ΠΎΡ€Ρƒ
ΠŸΡ€ΠΎΡΠ»Π΅Π΄ΠΈ