Spellchecker is not working

Egis

Jan 19, 2012, 11:02:31 AM1/19/12
to CodePro Analytix
I have integrated CodePro with Eclipse 3.7/3.8. Whenever I try to call
spellchecker for java file I got message that no violation found,
regardless if I have spelling errors or not. In the Eclipse log there
is exceptions. Is it known issue?

!MESSAGE Could not perform spell check
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:47)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.correction.AssistContext.<init>(AssistContext.java:
48)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.correction.AssistContext.<init>(AssistContext.java:
66)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.correction.AssistContext.<init>(AssistContext.java:
74)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.correction.AssistContext.<init>(AssistContext.java:
81)
at
com.instantiations.eclipse.analysis.spelling.audit.core.SpellingProblemCollector.getProposals(SpellingProblemCollector.java:
305)
at
com.instantiations.eclipse.analysis.spelling.audit.core.SpellingProblemCollector.accept(SpellingProblemCollector.java:
198)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.SpellingEngine
$SpellEventListener.handle(SpellingEngine.java:74)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.engine.DefaultSpellChecker.execute(DefaultSpellChecker.java:
258)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.TextSpellingEngine.check(TextSpellingEngine.java:
41)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.SpellingEngine.check(SpellingEngine.java:
90)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.DefaultSpellingEngine.check(DefaultSpellingEngine.java:
75)
at
com.instantiations.eclipse.analysis.spelling.audit.util.SpellingUtilities
$1.run(SpellingUtilities.java:308)

Egis

Jan 27, 2012, 2:23:21 AM1/27/12
to CodePro Analytix
Hello All,

No answer... :( Does it mean that no one uses CodePro Analytix spell
checker?

Eric Clayberg

Jan 27, 2012, 11:40:36 AM1/27/12
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
CodePro uses Eclipse's internal spell check API. I don't know for sure (since we are not actively working on CodePro at the moment), but I would guess that something has changed in the interface for org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.correction.AssistContext. This isn't too surprising given that the code is using an internal class. Eclipse should expose a stable API for accessing the spelling support, but it doesn't, so CodePro was forced to use an internal class for better or worse.

Egis

Feb 1, 2012, 10:09:07 AM2/1/12
to CodePro Analytix
Ah..., I was looking for Eclipse plugin which would check java
identifier name spelling dynamically and it looks that CodePro is that
I am looking for.
Is any chance to get this problem fixed for newer Eclipse?

Eric Clayberg

Feb 1, 2012, 10:25:46 AM2/1/12
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
Probably not any time soon. CodePro is currently available on an as-is basis.

We would like to open source it at some point so that interested parties can fix issues like this.