Android Device Settings Permission

timg...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2014, 8:48:50 AM6/19/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm trying to access the GPS settings via the native interface. I keep receiving an Permission Denial error for android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL

Under build hints I have the following

android.xpermissions

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/> <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES"/> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL"/> <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" android:required="true"/>

I have a key in the keystore yet the build still denies me permission. Any ideas?

Log:

06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055): Writing exception to parcel
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: get/set setting for user asks to run as user -2 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055):     at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.java:14610)
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055):     at android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManager.java:2258)
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055):     at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.call(SettingsProvider.java:663)
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055):     at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.call(ContentProvider.java:325)
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055):     at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:275)
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055):     at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:404)
06-19 14:45:35.136: E/DatabaseUtils(3055):     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

Thanks

Tim

If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS Windows
Device Samsung i9500

Shai Almog

Jun 19, 2014, 9:58:09 AM6/19/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com

timg...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2014, 10:40:37 AM6/19/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Hi Shai,

Yes my phone is rooted, but it is stock. Interesting, I wouldn't have even thought of that as being an issue.

Thanks!

Shai Almog

Jun 20, 2014, 12:32:43 AM6/20/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Hi,
the whole stack is internal to Android. Google gives a lot of results and I only looked at the top, its possible there is a different reason.

timg...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2014, 3:09:03 AM6/20/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, timg...@gmail.com
Thanks Shai.

I'll try with an unrooted device and check.