How to run multiple Jmeter Scripts Distributed in one machine?

alexis....@abstracta.com.uy

Jan 6, 2017, 2:05:43 PM1/6/17
to codename-taurus
Hi,

I need to Run 2 or more JMeter scripts on a single distributed machine. It seems my YML file is not good, isn´t it?

---
reporting:
 - module: blazemeter
   test: ALEXIS TEST

execution:
- concurrency: 1
  hold-for: 1m
  ramp-up: 30s
  iterartions: 1
  scenario:
   script: test1.jmx
  distributed:
  - 192.168.1.2

- concurrency: 1
  hold-for: 1m
  ramp-up: 30s
  iterartions: 1
  scenario:
   script: test2.jmx
  distributed:
  - 192.168.1.2

Andrey Pokhilko

Jan 6, 2017, 2:08:20 PM1/6/17
to codenam...@googlegroups.com

The problem is that JMeter is unable to execute two Test Plans simultaneously from single JMeter server.

You either have to use two different JMeter servers running on two separate ports, or use two machines, or Cloud Provisioning in Taurus.

Andrey Pohilko
Chief Scientist
P: +7 (909) 631-21-69
BlazeMeter Inc.
Read our ebook, "A Complete Introduction to Functional Test Automation," here --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "codename-taurus" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/codename-taurus/1570c0fd-1c39-468b-8422-70370d98b4b7%40googlegroups.com.

alexis....@abstracta.com.uy

Jan 12, 2017, 7:33:12 AM1/12/17
to codename-taurus, andrey....@contractor.ca.com
Hi Andrey,

I have 2 JMeter servers running on different port but I get following error: 09:27:39 ERROR: Child Process Error: Empty results, most likely GoogleAlexTest.jmx (JMeterExecutor) failed.

Here is my YML:

--- reporting: - module: blazemeter test: ALEXIS TEST - module: junit-xml filename: reports/junit-xml execution: - concurrency: 1 hold-for: 1m ramp-up: 30s iterartions: 1 scenario: script: GoogleAlexTest.jmx distributed: - 192.168.1.4:1664 - concurrency: 1 hold-for: 1m ramp-up: 30s iterartions: 1 scenario: script: testAlexis.jmx distributed: - 192.168.1.4:1665

Any idea what is going on?

thanks!

Andrey Pokhilko

alexis....@abstracta.com.uy

Jan 12, 2017, 7:40:49 PM1/12/17
to codename-taurus, andrey....@contractor.ca.com
Hi Andrey,

I read follwing message: "2017/01/12 19:17:51 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File usersCP03.csv must exist and be readable
at org.apache.jmeter.services.FileServer.createBufferedReader(FileServer.java:421)
at org.apache.jmeter.services.FileServer.readLine(FileServer.java:346)
at org.apache.jmeter.config.CSVDataSet.iterationStart(CSVDataSet.java:199)
at org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.fireIterationStart(GenericController.java:405)
at org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.fireIterEvents(GenericController.java:397)
at org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.next(GenericController.java:158)
at org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController.next(LoopController.java:123)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.AbstractThreadGroup.next(AbstractThreadGroup.java:87)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)"

But the file exists, If run the script using Jmeter o without distribute it it works. Any ideas??

Thanks for your help!

Andrey Pokhilko

Jan 13, 2017, 2:34:40 AM1/13/17
to codenam...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Most likely, file exists, but JMeter can't find it due to relative paths issue. Try configuring absolute path for the file.

Andrey Pohilko
Chief Scientist
P: +7 (909) 631-21-69
BlazeMeter Inc.
Read our ebook, "A Complete Introduction to Functional Test Automation," here --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "codename-taurus" group.

alexis....@abstracta.com.uy

Jan 13, 2017, 10:35:53 AM1/13/17
to codename-taurus, andrey....@contractor.ca.com
I updated the script to use absolute path and now I got another errors, let me attach you the server log.

Thanks for your help since this is critical for us!

jmeter-server.log

Andrey Pokhilko

Jan 13, 2017, 10:45:18 AM1/13/17
to alexis....@abstracta.com.uy, codename-taurus

Please make sure your JMeter has same version on each master and slave.

Andrey Pohilko
Chief Scientist
P: +7 (909) 631-21-69
BlazeMeter Inc.
On 13.01.2017 18:35, alexis....@abstracta.com.uy wrote:
I updated the script to use absolute path and now I got another errors, let me attach you the server log.

Thanks for your help since this is critical for us!

alexis....@abstracta.com.uy

Jan 13, 2017, 12:42:34 PM1/13/17
to codename-taurus, alexis....@abstracta.com.uy, andrey....@contractor.ca.com
Ok, is working now. I was using a version I downloaded wich was differen than the default used by Taurus. So I strated the servers using the one here: "C:\Users\alexi\.bzt\jmeter-taurus" sp when Jenkins execute BZT I am sure is using same version. Thanks for your help troubleshooting this issue!