Taurus tests do not run correctly from container-to-container but work from a host machine to a container

peluso....@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2017, 11:14:37 AM6/1/17
to codename-taurus

I found some odd behavior when running tests locally between containers with docker-compose. It seems as though when you run containers on a developer machine (at least with Docker for Mac) container-to-container performance tests can cause containers to crash. Yet when you run the same test from the host machine into a container, it works fine.

So after dealing with my application container crashing again and again while debugging tests. I finally copied the generated JMeter XML out and ran it directly from the host machine and it ran correctly without crashing the container. I'm sure this is probably an issue with Docker or docker-compose, but I'm curious to see if anyone knows why.

javier.da...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2017, 5:06:43 PM6/6/17
to codename-taurus, peluso....@gmail.com

I have the same issue.  When I run my jmeters scripts from taurus docker image i got this error:

<httpSample t="622" lt="0" ts="1496782581451" s="false" lb="2 /ssp" rc="Non HTTP response code: java.net.ConnectException" rm="Non HTTP response message: Connection refused (Connection refused)" tn="Grupo de Hilos 1-1" dt="text" de="" by="2058" ng="1" na="1">
  <responseHeader class="java.lang.String"></responseHeader>
  <requestHeader class="java.lang.String">Connection: keep-alive
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
</requestHeader>
  <responseData class="java.lang.String">java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:121)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:180)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.hc.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:318)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.MeasuringConnectionManager$MeasuredConnection.open(MeasuringConnectionManager.java:114)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:610)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:445)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.doExecute(AbstractHttpClient.java:835)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.executeRequest(HTTPHC4Impl.java:654)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:413)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1189)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1178)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.executeSamplePackage(JMeterThread.java:491)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.processSampler(JMeterThread.java:425)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:254)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
</responseData>

Andrey Pokhilko

Jun 6, 2017, 5:38:17 PM6/6/17
to codenam...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Can you try using Taurus version 1.9.3?

javier.da...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2017, 5:54:07 PM6/6/17
to codename-taurus, Andrey....@contractor.ca.com
Hi.

I solved the issue, the problem was that my jmeter script had my local ip insted the internal ip from my docker image where was my application. I changed the ip in my script and now its working.

Thank you.