Magic: The Gathering

Brian Meeker

Dec 30, 2014, 2:36:23 PM12/30/14
to code...@googlegroups.com
How many Magic players are going to be in the game room this year? I'm getting in Monday night and have Commander, Modern, and Legacy decks I could bring.

If anybody is interested in a cube draft, that could possibly be arranged as well. I would prefer more experienced players for that though. Cube draft can get complicated.

Mike Dennis

Dec 30, 2014, 2:39:10 PM12/30/14
to code...@googlegroups.com
I was going to bring a couple decks.  Most of my cards are 15+ years old though.  I did pick up a few newer ones though, since I got a few weird looks with them last year...

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Brian Meeker <meeker...@gmail.com> wrote:
How many Magic players are going to be in the game room this year? I'm getting in Monday night and have Commander, Modern, and Legacy decks I could bring.

If anybody is interested in a cube draft, that could possibly be arranged as well. I would prefer more experienced players for that though. Cube draft can get complicated.

Steven Huwig

Jan 3, 2015, 10:11:20 PM1/3/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I’ll probably bring a Commander deck and the Speed vs. Cunning duel decks.

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 4, 2015, 10:52:09 AM1/4/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there with my Modern deck. I'd also be interested in participating
in a draft like the one we had last year, although we'd need to plan it
far enough in advance for each player to acquire 3 booster packs
beforehand.

> I’ll probably bring a Commander deck and the Speed vs. Cunning duel
> decks.
>
>> On Dec 30, 2014, at 2:39 PM, Mike Dennis <korn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was going to bring a couple decks. Most of my cards are 15+ years old
>> though. I did pick up a few newer ones though, since I got a few weird
>> looks with them last year...
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Brian Meeker <meeker...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:meeker...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> How many Magic players are going to be in the game room this year? I'm
>> getting in Monday night and have Commander, Modern, and Legacy decks I
>> could bring.
>>
>> If anybody is interested in a cube draft, that could possibly be
>> arranged as well. I would prefer more experienced players for that
>> though. Cube draft can get complicated.
>>
>> --

Dave Kyle

Jan 5, 2015, 9:08:16 AM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there Wednesday night through Friday.  I'm bringing several decks (mostly non-standard) and an EDH / Commander.

Barry Moore

Jan 5, 2015, 9:12:16 AM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
My teenager like to play...every week...Anyone opposed to him participating?

Joe Kuemerle

Jan 5, 2015, 9:43:17 AM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I would say that anyone is welcome to play, we had some tween/teen players last year. M:tG spans generations :)

I am bringing my family for the conference this year so I won't be available to run the BYOB draft like I did last year but I will bring a few decks (non-Standard) with me and see if I can get some time to play on Wednesday or Thursday.

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 5, 2015, 10:55:12 AM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone else willing to run a BYOB draft?

If someone else can bring enough basic lands to lend out, I'd be happy to
help organize a casual draft in cooperation with others...

> I would say that anyone is welcome to play, we had some tween/teen
> players last year. M:tG spans generations :)
>
> I am bringing my family for the conference this year so I won't be
> available to run the BYOB draft like I did last year but I will bring a
> few decks (non-Standard) with me and see if I can get some time to play
> on Wednesday or Thursday.
>
> On 1/5/2015 9:12 AM, Barry Moore wrote:
>> My teenager like to play...every week...Anyone opposed to him
>> participating?
>>

>> On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 2:36:23 PM UTC-5, Brian Meeker wrote:
>>
>> How many Magic players are going to be in the game room this year?
>> I'm getting in Monday night and have Commander, Modern, and Legacy
>> decks I could bring.
>>
>> If anybody is interested in a cube draft, that could possibly be
>> arranged as well. I would prefer more experienced players for that
>> though. Cube draft can get complicated.

Tracy Linhart

Jan 5, 2015, 1:45:38 PM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
It has been while sense I have played so I am not sure if I still have a deck built that is legal, but I still like to draft.  I have an sealed box of Journey into NYX.  If people are willing to play in sleeves we can always draft that for fun, I will just collect the cards after.  I also use to run tournaments so I can bring my land box.  I can also pickup packs if we want to draft the new set.

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 5, 2015, 4:56:05 PM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Upon closer inspection, I have more basic lands than I thought, so if others contribute, then there should be enough for a draft. So, who's interested in helping make it happen?

~Kevin F. Smith

Brian Meeker

Jan 5, 2015, 9:48:08 PM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I did end up bringing my 360 card cube, so an 8 person draft with that is also an option.

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 5, 2015, 9:51:34 PM1/5/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I think we should each bring our own sealed packs to draft with and then keep what we draft (we would have to agree on whether or not to distribute the rares separately according to rank. Last year we did not.)

Upon request, I would be willing to bring extra packs for others to buy off of me, but I would need to know ASAP.

And yes, please do bring your land box!

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 6, 2015, 7:49:57 AM1/6/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
If at all possible, I need to know TODAY what we're going to do as far as drafting so that I can buy the necessary booster packs. Please see my previous messages in this discussion for my suggestions on the matter. Thanks!

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 6, 2015, 1:30:29 PM1/6/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
LAST call for anyone who wants me to pick up boosters for them to draft with! I will be going to the store TONIGHT in the mid-evening!

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 6, 2015, 4:55:36 PM1/6/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I'm apologize if I'm spamming everyone's inboxes, but I've been looking forward all year to drafting at CodeMash again. I still have hope that we'll make it work somehow, but even if it doesn't come to be, I'm still bringing some sealed booster packs in hopes of at least initiating some form of sealed gameplay. Anyone who is interested, please let me know! I will be arriving at Kalahari tomorrow, and I look forward to participating in any and all Magic gameplay which takes place!

~Kevin F. Smith

Mike Dennis

Jan 6, 2015, 5:24:41 PM1/6/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I brought two pre-2000 decks and one with more modern cards.  I'm not really sure one the different deck types, so all are of the type that I guess was standard pre-2000...lol  I checked in already, but have work stuff right now to take care of..  I'll be around though..

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 6, 2015, 8:30:21 PM1/6/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I just purchased enough boosters for myself and one other person to participate in a draft. Now, I will wait and see who else wants to participate. (If it doesn't work out, then I'd like to make use of the boosters in some other form of sealed gameplay, adapting as necessary to the cards & players available.)

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 7, 2015, 3:30:09 PM1/7/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I have arrived at the CodeMash game room, and I am ready to play Magic anytime any of you are. I am the guy in the black Green Lantern shirt.

Also, I hereby propose that we resurrect last year's #codemashmtg twitter hashtag.

~Kevin F. Smith

kyurthich

Jan 7, 2015, 3:32:49 PM1/7/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I might swing in late tonight. Like 10 or later.

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 7, 2015, 3:36:51 PM1/7/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Correction: I am one of the two guys wearing a black Green Lantern shirt…

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 8, 2015, 11:10:28 AM1/8/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Magic players, please use & follow the #CodeMashMtG Twitter hashtag so
that we know when you're available to play! I've also been using that
hashtag for Magic-related discussion during CodeMash.

> Correction: I am one of the two guys wearing a black Green Lantern
> shirt…

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 8, 2015, 11:20:01 AM1/8/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Magic Players! Please use & follow the #codemashmtg hashtag on Twitter to let each other know when you're available to play! I've also been using the hashtag for other Magic-related questions & discussions.

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 8, 2015, 2:43:48 PM1/8/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
As I said on Twitter:

I'm in the game room for at least the next few hours. Come play some Magic with me!

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 8, 2015, 3:11:10 PM1/8/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Did anyone else bring Magic booster packs to CodeMash? I still want to
play some form of draft, even if we have to adapt rules for fewer players.
I brought enough packs for myself and 1 other player to draft.

> As I said on Twitter:
>
> I'm in the game room for at least the next few hours. Come play some Magic
> with me!
>
> ~Kevin F. Smith
>
> On Jan 8, 2015, at 11:19 AM, "Kevin F. Smith" <kef...@meinwald.info>
> wrote:
>
>> Magic Players! Please use & follow the #codemashmtg hashtag on Twitter
>> to let each other know when you're available to play! I've also been
>> using the hashtag for other Magic-related questions & discussions.
>>
>> ~Kevin F. Smith
>>
>> On Jan 7, 2015, at 3:36 PM, "Kevin F. Smith" <kef...@meinwald.info>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Correction: I am one of the two guys wearing a black Green Lantern
>>> shirt…

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 9, 2015, 1:36:57 AM1/9/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Everyone at CodeMash with whom I played Magic (or will tomorrow) is hereby encouraged to keep in touch with me via Facebook and/or Twitter!

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 9, 2015, 11:16:00 AM1/9/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
I'm on the move, but if you want to play Magic just send me a tweet or email!

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 9, 2015, 1:34:01 PM1/9/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Anyone want to squeeze a little more Magic: The Gathering into your busy Friday CodeMash agenda? Meet me in the game room!

~Kevin F. Smith

Kevin F. Smith

Jan 9, 2015, 9:41:08 PM1/9/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Magic gameplay at CodeMash this year was fun despite decreased participation from last year. Next year we must plan earlier!

~Kevin F. Smith