Suggestion: Let's switch to Slack

jkw...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2016, 3:07:59 PM10/19/16
to CodeMash
Any chance we can ditch the Google Groups and switch over to using Slack?

Mark Harr

Oct 19, 2016, 4:01:14 PM10/19/16
to CodeMash
There is a codemash slack team, search on this group about connecting there.

Personally, I appreciate they use multiple channels, so you can make your own choice how you want to connect.

Brian Genisio

Oct 19, 2016, 4:15:14 PM10/19/16
to CodeMash
You can add yourself to the Slack team here: https://codemash-slack.herokuapp.com/

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 4:01 PM Mark Harr <ma...@harr.us> wrote:
There is a codemash slack team, search on this group about connecting there.

Personally, I appreciate they use multiple channels, so you can make your own choice how you want to connect.

Aaron Lease

Oct 19, 2016, 5:17:20 PM10/19/16
to CodeMash
+1

jkw...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2016, 9:30:57 AM10/20/16
to CodeMash
Having multiple sources for information is fine as long as all are in sync with each other. It becomes problematic when one has to check all sources to get the complete picture. Hence, my suggestion to centralize on Slack.

Scott Williams

Oct 20, 2016, 11:03:07 AM10/20/16
to CodeMash
I'll be honest, I prefer the google groups.  I can find information under a subject instead of scrolling through that slack group, unless there is something I'm missing in the slack group.

Robert Casto

Oct 20, 2016, 11:12:34 AM10/20/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
Keeping things in sync is too much for the staff to do. So my vote is to stick with Google Groups and use Slack to create small communities inside CodeMash.

Robert Casto
1-513-813-6279 (google voice)