Would someone explain Precompilers?

Stephanie Carter

Oct 3, 2016, 10:15:34 AM10/3/16
to CodeMash
2017 will be my first year attending Code Mash, so I'm still getting a feel for everything. Would someone please explain how the precompiler days compare/contrast to the main days?

Thank you in advance!

bprince

Oct 3, 2016, 10:20:35 AM10/3/16
to CodeMash
Thursday/Friday sessions are an hour long, and are what you would expect at a conference.

Tuesday/Wednesday sessions, called precompilers, are four hours long. They go deeper into a topic, and general require some hands on time. Some sessions are eight hours, with a part 1 and a part 2. You are still welcome to come and go during a session. You don't have to stay the whole time.

Matt Shields

Oct 3, 2016, 10:21:57 AM10/3/16
to CodeMash
Precomplilers are half day or full day sessions that are hands-on. Plan on bringing your computer and "doing something". A lot of sessions even do pairing, so people get a chance to learn with others.