Booth with nintendo setup

Jeff Zimmer

Jan 11, 2014, 12:48:01 PM1/11/14
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hey,  does anyone have information on how the nintendo emulators were setup?  What platform was it running on? what emulation software was being used? I want to build my own and the more information the better.  Thanks in advance!

Jason Gilmore

Jan 13, 2014, 10:01:25 AM1/13/14
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff,

They were using a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie (http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropie/). The Nintendo joysticks were USB. You can find on Amazon for $8. To my knowledge RetroPie is by far the best interface out there, I'm currently using a different one (PiMame) and and although mine works great the RetroPie UI can't be beat.

As it happens I have a custom built Raspberry Pi arcade here in my office, have a whole bunch of information if you're interested, ping me directly and we can trade notes.

Jason
CodeMash Cofounder