Are the Precompiler Prereqs Available?

Matt Shields

Dec 30, 2015, 9:34:21 AM12/30/15
to CodeMash
I have checked here, Slack, and the sessions page on the CodeMash website, but I can't find anything on prereqs. I am trying to spend the next couple of days getting my machine ready. Does anyone know if they have been posted and I missed it?

FYI, I am planning on:

Day 1
7 Languages in 7 Hours, Part 1
7 Languages in 7 Hours, Part 2

Day 2
Using Light Weight Methods to Drive Your Designs Forward - Part 1
Advanced Topics in Spring

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Shields

Dec 30, 2015, 9:40:29 AM12/30/15
to CodeMash
I answered my own question. The answer was in my work email.

Michael Slade

Dec 30, 2015, 9:56:08 AM12/30/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

We are continually updating that site as the speakers provide us with their materials.  You will want to check the site regularly to see if the pre-compilers you are interested in have updates.

Thanks,

Mike Slade

Assistant to the Codemash Cat Herders

Matt Williams

Jan 3, 2016, 1:52:06 AM1/3/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
If anyone in the Seven Languages Tutorial is interested, I have made a docker image which has all of the languages installed.

It's at https://hub.docker.com/r/ottercat/codemash-sevenlangs/ -- I'm uploading it right now.  If you want to use it; I'd suggest pulling it before the conference:

docker pull ottercat/codemash-sevenlangs

Then to use it, cd to the directory where you're going to do the work for the tutorial, then:

docker run -it -v `pwd`:/work ottercat/codemash-sevenlangs

Then you can cd /work and compile, etc...
You can still use your favorite editor outside of the docker container.

Matt
--
I can say to myself and the world, "Look at all I am doing, am I not being busy? Am I not contributing? Am I not having an impact on all those around me and with whom I come into contact? See, my life has meaning."
To which the Tao responds, "You are doing, yes, but you are not being. Slow down, go with the flow, work with life, not against it. By being, you do. By doing, you cease to be."