Everything you wanted to know about the hotel shuttle for CodeMash

Mike Woelmer

Jan 3, 2016, 11:42:58 PM1/3/16
to CodeMash
1. What are the shuttle run times?

    You can visit shuttle.codemash.org and click on the shuttle schedule button to get the shuttle times.

2. Will the shuttle pick up and drop off?

    Yes.  The shuttle will run a loop to each hotel and back to the Kalahari from 6:30am until 9am.  After 9am, the shuttle will stop running in a loop and wait at the Kalahari until needed. Call (916) 4CO-MASH to get picked up from your overflow hotel after 9am.  If you are at the Kalahari, there is no need to call the number -- the shuttle is waiting for you there.

3. Where do I find the shuttle if I am at the Kalahari?

    The shuttle pickup/drop-off location has changed this year.  It is at Entrance B of the Conference Center (near Zambezi).  It is the entrance on the north side of the conference center.

4. Where do I find the shuttle if I am at my overflow hotel?

    The driver will drive by the front entrance to your hotel and wait there for a short moment.  If you are staying at the Great Wolf Lodge, the shuttle pickup location is out the front door and to the right.

5. What does the shuttle look like?

    The shuttle will be several vehicle types depending on the day/time.  It will either be a black sprinter van, a stretched limo, or a brown mini van.  All of them will be identified with a magnetic sign on the door with the CodeMash logo.

6. I am at the shuttle pickup location at the Kalahari, but I do not see the shuttle.  Where is it?

    You can find out, in real time, where the shuttle is at any moment by going to shuttle.codemash.org

7. Can anyone get on the shuttle including my family?

    Yes, anyone is welcome to ride the shuttle.  Minors should be accompanied by an adult.

8. Which hotels are included in the shuttle route?

    All of the official overflow hotels for CodeMash.
    Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
    Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
    Comfort Inn Sandusky

    Best Western Hotel & Suites Plus

    Great Wolf Lodge
    La Quinta Inn & Suites

9. It is really late, and I missed the last shuttle what do I do?

    You can call the Kalahari concierge to help you arrange travel to your hotel.