Any word on the Kalahari rooms?

Pete Magsig

Oct 17, 2016, 10:03:11 AM10/17/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone received a notification for a room yet?

Pete

Robert Peterson

Oct 17, 2016, 2:59:08 PM10/17/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
I'm still hoping for an email.

On Monday, October 17, 2016, Pete Magsig <petem...@gmail.com> wrote:

Has anyone received a notification for a room yet?

Pete

Jennifer White

Oct 18, 2016, 1:13:30 PM10/18/16
to CodeMash
I talked with Bo over at Kalahari - he said that the attendee group block of rooms has not been opened yet.  As soon as that is done (no estimation of when at this time) they will start calling those in Queue!

Jen

bprince

Oct 19, 2016, 11:42:44 AM10/19/16
to CodeMash
The process was supposed to start last night, of where they make the reservations, and then EMAIL you. NO ONE WILL CALL YOU.

Turns out that IT didn't tell them the reservation system was going to be down for an upgrade, so it was delayed until Thursday. So Thursday is the new goal.

Scott Williams

Oct 19, 2016, 2:50:21 PM10/19/16
to CodeMash
Whew, I was starting to get worried.

Campbell, William (Penske)

Oct 20, 2016, 1:35:31 PM10/20/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

So, today is supposed to be the day? Anyone gotten any emails for rooms yet?

Regards,

Bill44077

Rob Conklin

Oct 23, 2016, 2:04:58 PM10/23/16
to CodeMash, William....@penske.com
So, yeah, still nothing, anybody else get anything?

Nick Orlando

Oct 23, 2016, 2:10:03 PM10/23/16
to CodeMash
Nada.

Joseph Kunk

Oct 23, 2016, 8:48:46 PM10/23/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
No email from the Kalahari yet for me.

Joe

Nada.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/codemash.

Pete Magsig

Oct 24, 2016, 9:22:18 AM10/24/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

Nothing here.

Pete

On 10/23/2016 7:48 PM, Joseph Kunk wrote:
> No email from the Kalahari yet for me.
>
> Joe
>
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Nick Orlando <ni...@nickorlando.net
> <mailto:ni...@nickorlando.net>> wrote:
>
> Nada.
>
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016, 14:05 Rob Conklin <conkli...@gmail.com
> <mailto:conkli...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> So, yeah, still nothing, anybody else get anything?
>

> On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 1:35:31 PM UTC-4, Campbell,
> William (Penske) wrote:
>
> So, today is supposed to be the day? Anyone gotten any
> emails for rooms yet?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill44077

Benjamin Heimann

Oct 24, 2016, 4:14:15 PM10/24/16
to CodeMash
Nothing here either. Same applies for 3 others where I work.

Jason Follas

Oct 24, 2016, 4:28:17 PM10/24/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
The organizers are investigating. Last I heard, they had issues during the upgrade of their reservation system that caused the process to be delayed even beyond last Thursday, but we're trying to nail down a commitment from them (and escalating to K's management, if required at this point).

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Benjamin Heimann <heim...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nothing here either. Same applies for 3 others where I work.

jkw...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2016, 2:34:23 PM10/25/16
to CodeMash
Someone just posted on Slack that they got a room email today.

Chris Stahl

Oct 25, 2016, 3:10:15 PM10/25/16
to CodeMash
Is there any update on this yet? Friday afternoon and still no notification. Our team is obsessively checking their emails to make sure we all get rooms!

Kin Au

Oct 25, 2016, 3:10:15 PM10/25/16
to CodeMash
Have not gotten any email from Kalahari yet? Has anyone? Do you know the subject line of the email is like?

Nick

Oct 25, 2016, 3:10:15 PM10/25/16
to CodeMash
Still nothing as of today.

Daeva

Oct 25, 2016, 4:56:44 PM10/25/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

Just confirmed and locked in my reservation.

Abbey Gwayambadde

Oct 25, 2016, 5:09:19 PM10/25/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

Just confirmed my reservation. Received email about 2 hours ago.  :)

Pete Magsig

Oct 26, 2016, 2:18:14 PM10/26/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

Same here. Mail arrived about an hour ago.

Looks like it's all moving forward.

On 10/25/2016 4:09 PM, Abbey Gwayambadde wrote:

> Just confirmed my reservation. Received email about 2 hours ago. :)
>

> On Oct 25, 2016 4:56 PM, "Daeva" <xda...@gmail.com
> <mailto:xda...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Just confirmed and locked in my reservation.
>

> On Oct 25, 2016 3:10 PM, "Nick" <nfa...@gmail.com
> <mailto:nfa...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Still nothing as of today.
>
> On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:03:11 AM UTC-4, Pete wrote:
>

> Has anyone received a notification for a room yet?
>
> Pete
>
> --
>
> --

Joseph Kunk

Oct 27, 2016, 6:22:37 PM10/27/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
I have not received my Kalahari room email yet. Is there any way to check if it has been sent? I am wondering if I should be concerned. I did check my Eventbrite ticket and it confirmed that I said Yes to join the queue for rooms.

Joe Kunk

    <mailto:nfa...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Still nothing as of today.

        On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:03:11 AM UTC-4, Pete wrote:

            Has anyone received a notification for a room yet?

            Pete

        --         You received this message because you are subscribed to the
        Google Groups "CodeMash" group.
        it, send an email to codemash+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

        <mailto:codemash@googlegroups.com>.

        Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/codemash
        <https://groups.google.com/group/codemash>.
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

    --     You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "CodeMash" group.

    <mailto:codemash@googlegroups.com>.

Timothy Wright

Oct 27, 2016, 8:52:18 PM10/27/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

I haven't received an email either.  I have a 4 day ticket and registered a little after 6 on the first day.  If I understand the rules correctly, the priority is 4 day tickets and the time the ticket was purchased.

Tim

Abbey Gwayambadde

Oct 27, 2016, 8:55:02 PM10/27/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

I have a 4 day ticket and I received my reservation confirmation email approximately 3 days ago :)  So you might coming up next

Amos Oshrin

Oct 28, 2016, 12:19:05 AM10/28/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
For you data types, my analysis:
- I received my Eventbrite 4-day conference confirmation email on 10/3 at 6:09 PM (they went on sale at 6:05 PM)
- Per the organizers, Kalahari reservation emails started going out on 10/25 (based on the email, I assume in the afternoon)
- I received my Kalahari confirmation email on 10/26 at 9:40 AM

Since they give you 5 days to respond, assuming they sent initial emails to as many people on the list as there were available rooms, there should be another wave of emails going out ~10/30-10/31

Good luck!

Timothy Wright

Oct 28, 2016, 8:16:33 AM10/28/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

There must be a lot of sign ups early.  I received my confirmation email at 6:16 pm Oct 3rd for a four day ticket.  I haven't  received an email from kalahari yet.  Hopefully soon

Tim

Brendan Enrick

Oct 28, 2016, 8:46:53 AM10/28/16
to code...@googlegroups.com

That's correct, Tim, many people were very quick.

From people discussing in slack, we were able to establish an 8.5 hour time gap in receiving a hotel confirmation between an eventbrite confirmation email received 6:06 and 6:08. Many of us in slack were commenting on having 6:06 and 6:07 emails, so it's expected to be a big gap.

As a bit if good news, I know of people who have cancelled rooms already, so those should move to others on the list.

Some people do room sharing, so both people request a room. Once one locks in, they cancel the other.

See you at CodeMash!

Brendan

        it, send an email to codemash+u...@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:codemash+u...@googlegroups.com>.

        <mailto:code...@googlegroups.com>.

        Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/codemash
        <https://groups.google.com/group/codemash>.
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

    --     You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "CodeMash" group.

    <mailto:code...@googlegroups.com>.

Winston Tsang

Abbey Gwayambadde

Oct 28, 2016, 10:56:29 PM10/28/16
to code...@googlegroups.com
The ROH rooms are between $141 and $149 Monday through Friday with the CodeMash discount.  Not sure about Saturday and Sunday rates.

var signature = {
name: 'Abbey Gwayambadde',
email: 'ophe...@gmail.com',
contact: { mobile: '678 779 7572', fax: '(678) 281-1486', twitter: '@ophedian' }};

Jeff Wilson

Paul Pagel

Nov 3, 2016, 9:33:37 AM11/3/16
to CodeMash
Are they still sending out reservation notices?

I got my 4 day ticket confirmation email at 6:08pm on opening day, but still haven't seen a reservation notice come through and the spam traps are clean.  My room preferences were pretty standard (Hut, any, any) so that shouldn't have caused any issues.

My kids will be traumatized and probably need expensive therapy if we can't stay at Kalahari, so any info to help avoid this tragedy would be most appreciated!

Paul