Property Tax Data

Chris Mathews

May 5, 2015, 1:14:54 PM5/5/15
to code-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm part of Code for Raleigh and trying to help a friend get to the data behind(http://www.miamidade.gov/propertysearch/#/).  Doesn't seem very friendly, and there doesn't appear to be a GIS download with the same info.  Any help?

Thanks
Chris Mathews

Adrian Cardenas

May 6, 2015, 12:28:07 AM5/6/15
to Chris Mathews, code-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately not all of all of the data from the county is in an easy to search format. Property taxes being one of them as you've gathered. As for GIS data, you can take a look at the OpenData portal, https://opendata.miamidade.gov/ , which does contain quite a bit of GIS data. Unfortunately correlating that back to the property tax data will have to be done by hand or programmatically.

Chris Mathews

May 6, 2015, 5:48:51 AM5/6/15
to code-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adrian.  Ernie had contacted me via Twitter and we were able to get some of the property tax data for the ESRI GIS Opendata portal.  I few people were hacking on the data to develop a machine learning based recommendation engine for house hunters.  The guy leading the effort is moving to Miami in June to take over an open source/innovation center for Microsoft.  I will send him your way.

Let me know if I/we can ever be of assistance.

Adrian Cardenas

May 6, 2015, 6:35:51 AM5/6/15
to Chris Mathews, code-fo...@googlegroups.com

Sounds awesome, Chris!

ass...@branchesfl.org

Feb 23, 2018, 11:13:35 AM2/23/18
to Code for Miami
How did this play out and is it open on the makret now?