Hermit Thrush at Quincy Reservoir

Bart Deferme

Sep 19, 2017, 12:44:26 PM9/19/17
to Colorado Birds
I just had a new visitor to my feeders: a beautiful Hermit Thrush. Dark spotted breast, reddish tail, similar to but smaller than American Robin.

It showed up on my fence, rested there for a few seconds. Hopped down into the grass underneath my feeders (which were full of House Finches). It wasn't fazed by the Eurasian-collared Doves who were also in the grass underneath the feeders. It only stayed a few moments, hopped around the yard a bit and took off.

Looking at eBird, sightings of Hermit Thrushes in this part of town as few and far between.

Happy birding,

Bart Deferme