Common/Arctic Terns at Boyd Lake (Larimer)

Nick Komar

Sep 23, 2016, 3:57:34 PM9/23/16
to 'Birding' via Colorado Birds
This morning my brother and I studied at least five Sterna terns at Boyd Lake SP (fee) without coming to a firm conclusion on their identification. They were mainly in the north end of the lake frequently sitting on a newly emerged sandbar.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO

Sent from my iPhone

Nick Komar

Sep 24, 2016, 4:32:34 PM9/24/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Today I returned to Boyd Lake with my brother Oliver and David Wade, using Dave's canoe to get better acquainted with the terns at the north end.  We were able to confirm 7 Common Terns.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO

Sent from my iPhone