A few Ken Caryl Valley JeffCo tidbits Oct 17-19

David Suddjian

Oct 19, 2016, 3:13:04 PM10/19/16
to Colorado Birds
On Oct 17 I had a White-throated Sparrow and a Harris's Sparrow, both hatch year and my first encounters with those species this season. The Am. Dipper was seen again near the man-made cascade on Massey Draw.

On Oct 18 I had a somewhat tardy hatch-year female Townsend's Warbler and 2 Evening Grosbeaks.

Today Oct 19 I had a somewhat tardy Gray Catbird.

Lots of American Robins passing through and Townsend's Solitaires are prominent and plentiful in places. Dark-eyed Juncos are increasing by the day. The passage of bluebirds has thinned and become more patchy, but I'm still encountering Western and Mountain Bluebirds almost daily, with Western most frequent in the last few days.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO