Poorwill continues -- Cheesman Park, Denver County

Chris Rurik

Oct 5, 2015, 10:30:44 AM10/5/15
to Colorado Birds
Just found the COMMON POORWILL in Cheesman Park. It was under a tree just northwest of the 11th and High intersection. If it doesn't move, it will be very easy to find. Look for a beer bottle. The poorwill is inches away. My eBird checklist has a photo of the situation. The poorwill did kind of seem to have a hangover...

Thanks to Jared "The Poorwill Whisperer" Del Rosso for finding and refinding this bird enough times for me to finally get on it. Hard to imagine a better chance for photos of a poorwill than this.

Chris Rurik
Denver CO