Bluff Lake update

Chris Rurik

Mar 26, 2015, 3:55:01 PM3/26/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi all --

Thought I'd briefly pass along the news that Bluff Lake Nature Center (for which I have worked occasionally) is making a dedicated effort this week -- in honor of World Water Day -- to raise money for their lake capital campaign, which will greatly improve its habitat.

Bluff Lake's bird list stands at 171 species (with pine siskin, red-breasted nuthatch, and eared grebe as recent additions). This pocket of urban habitat provides a stopover for migrating birds as well as a natural oasis where schoolchildren can learn about the environment -- making a year-round lake will benefit the whole neighborhood.

Thanks!
Chris Rurik
Denver, CO (currently Key Center, WA)