Bald Eagle's Nest - 120th & 470, Adams County - Question?

chrisblakeslee

Mar 27, 2015, 1:36:32 PM3/27/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
COBIRDERS,
A week or so ago I was watching the Bald Eagle's nest at East 120th Avenue and E-470.  One adult was sitting on the nest and the other was near by.  However, there were also at least a half dozen House Sparrows on and around the eagle’s nest the whole time I was watching.  I am sure they are nesting in/under the eagle’s nest structure itself.  A nest half built for the sparrows, good shelter, good protection from predators…

Kevin Cook has documented four or five species of birds, including House Sparrows, nesting in/under Great Blue Heron nests in Colorado.

Has anyone observed other species of birds nesting in/under active, occupied eagle nests in Colorado?

Thanks, Chris

Chris A. Blakeslee
Centennial, Colorado