4 Trumpeter Swans east of Longmont

Kat Bradley-Bennett

Jan 23, 2017, 10:10:28 AM1/23/17
to Colorado Birds
Jim Krick with the Longmont Parks and Open Space office sent me an alert last Friday that he had seen 4 Trumpeter Swans in a reclaimed gravel pit along the St. Vrain east of Longmont. My sister and I went out yesterday (Sunday 1/22/17) and they are still there. It appears to be 2 adults and 2 immature.

You can see them from County Rd 5, south off HWY 119. There is a police facility there, but the road dead ends behind one of the buildings. That's where we had the best view of the birds. They were feeding among a bunch of Canada geese.

Kat Bradley-Bennett
Longmont