Bird Conservancy Banding Station at Barr, 10/3/15

meredith

Oct 3, 2015, 4:36:09 PM10/3/15
to Colorado Birds
A slow morning. Doesn't seem like much new arrived - we caught as many recaps (birds banded previously this season) as we did new today.  A total of 14 new:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 2
Common Yellowthroat 2
Wilson's Warbler 2
Chipping Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 2

What will tomorrow bring?  Who knows.....come find out!

We have just a little over a week to go for this banding season....our last day will be Sunday, October 11. We will be open every day until then EXCEPT Thursday, 10/8. We are opening nets about 6:45, and running until noon or whenever it gets too hot or too windy or too slow or too whatever. School groups arrive about 9:30 a.m. most weekdays.

Meredith McBurney
Biologist/Bander
Barr Lake Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies