What kind of flycatcher is this?

kickback

May 22, 2018, 9:19:25 PM5/22/18
to Colorado Birds
Saw this guy at the Golden-crowned warbler site   (in addition to the warbler!)

Thanks

Bill Kosar

Colorado Springs, El Paso county

David Tønnessen

May 22, 2018, 10:30:56 PM5/22/18
to Colorado Birds
Hi Bill,

There were a good number of vocal Least Flycatchers flitting around Mitchek Ranch today, and this looks like one of them.

David Tonnessen
Colorado Springs, CO

John McConnell

May 24, 2018, 11:28:41 AM5/24/18
to Colorado Birds

I was there on the18th and saw a little flycatcher with a lot of yellow. Is this too much yellow for a least? My wife said someone saw a yellow-bellied flycatcher there but I don't see anything about it on ebird.

COBirds

May 24, 2018, 8:59:04 PM5/24/18
to Colorado Birds
Ii saw a yellow-bellied Flycatcher there last Saturday. It is really yellow below, much more so than the numerous Leasts. The edges of tertials, secondaries and wing bars were really white. High contrast between wings and body. We did not find the Golden-crowned Warbler that day but between four of us identified about 20 of the 40 empids present. Mostly Leasts. The list is on ebird. I have a learning curve there. I will get better.

Tom Hall
Ft Collins