Help with an injured goose?

Deborah Carstensen

Apr 22, 2017, 9:20:27 PM4/22/17
to Cobirds
A couple of weeks I and a couple of other people he was able to catch an injured goose that had fishing line around his legs. I now suspicion there might be more line around its leg that I didn't get because he continues to mostly sit and it appears to be painful for him to put pressure on that leg.
Is there anyone who would be willing to help me try to recapture the goose? He is semi tame and easy to get very close to, just not easy to actually get him in your arms.
If it looks like something that is not obvious on how to fix, I'm going to take him to a local emergency vet that does help me in the past with other geese.
I live just south of Bowles off Platte Canyon Drive in Littleton.

Deborah Carstensen – 303-408-3010
Sent from my iPhone

Ray Brakke

Apr 23, 2017, 8:26:14 AM4/23/17
to Colorado Birds
I've heard using a big towel to cover the head will calm the bird and allow capture. Never tried it myself. Once contained, I know Colorado Parks and Wildlife will send someone to take it to a rehabilitator.

Ray Brakke

Apr 23, 2017, 8:27:19 AM4/23/17
to Colorado Birds
Sorry, I didn't identify myself