Shorebirds Continue [Weld CR 124 Pond, Grover, Weld, CO]

The "Nunn Guy"

Aug 22, 2016, 11:30:07 AM8/22/16
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

Weld CR 124 Pond was better than my last visit ... Weld CR 116 pond had zero birds
  • Long-billed Dowitcher - 3+
  • Baird's Sandpiper - 12+
  • Solitary Sandpiper - 5
  • Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs - 15+
  • Probably 2-3 species of "peeps" (photos being confirmed) - 25+
  • White-faced Ibis - 3
  • Wilson's Snipe - 5
  • Wilson's Phalarope 8
  • Ducks, geese and pelis

Along Weld CR 124 two Prairie Falcons, beautiful and photogenic dark morph buteo (asking about ID).

Franklin's Gull

  • Lonetree Water Treatment Facility (Weld CR 51) - 100+
  • Loloff Reservoir - 150+

Wild Turkey family (mom, pop, ~10 fledglings) regular visitors to west side of 71st Ave in Greeley just north of Poudre River bridge.

Wilson's Warbler - 4-6 in our yard today and over weekend.

Thanks

Gary Lefko, Nunn

Follow Me | Colorado Birder | Pix | Mobile Version