CFO June Uncompahgre Plateau Field Trips

Mike Henwood

Mar 25, 2015, 3:18:53 PM3/25/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Upcoming June CFO field Trips to the Uncompahgre Plateau

June 12-14  Weekend Birding Trip - This will be a trip for hard core birders in good physical condition.  We will use the Columbine Pass CG as a base, hike various trails in the daytime, then go owling in the evening.  Target species will include Dusky Grouse, Northern Saw-whet and Flammulated Owls, Common Poorwill, Lewis's Woodpecker, Purple Martin, Grace's Warbler, and Slate-colored Fox Sparrow.  The trip will be limited to 10 participants and only CFO members are eligible.

June 20  Divide Road Driving Field Trip - We will drive the Divide Road over the Uncompahgre Plateau from Grand Junction to Delta stopping at various locations along the way to bird.  Target species will include Dusky Grouse, Lewis's Woodpecker, Purple Martin, Grace's Warbler, Orange-crowned & MacGillivrays's Warblers, and Slate-colored Fox Sparrow.  The trip will be limited to 15 participants and only CFO members are eligible.

Details on How to Register for these trips will be announced in the Spring Issue of COLORADO BIRDS (due out in early April).

Mike Henwood
Grand Junction
Mesa County